June 17, 2010

A Beautiful Day

It's a beautiful day in the Texas Panhandle!!! This morning I changed the laundry and swept the floor, I will have to invest in a small broom for Tana, she drags the mop around after I sweep, she just wants to help. She has also taken over Tate's stool. She is able to move it to the kitchen and grab stuff off the counter...but she also puts it in front of the washing machine. I can make a pile of laundry and she will put it all in. I feel blessed that she is 16 months old and already a great little helper.

As you may see, I've really gotten into the audio books, head first. I am now at a point where I don't have any, waiting for my next book to arrive, Going Rogue by Sarah Palin!!! In the mean time I've been carrying a book around in my purse and read in my spare time, haha. It's Miserly Moms, if you've ever been interested in cutting down on the amount of money you spend for anything and wonder what a good price on certain items is, this is the best book. I've become even more careful when buying groceries and study prices and whether or not it is a good buy. There are also great recipes. My next purse book is Miserly Meals, the same author has put together this cookbook of many great dishes that are very low in cost.

Smartest thing I've done lately: Ryan grilled a ton of meat on Sunday night, we had barbecued chicken, steak and veggie kabobs, sausage and hamburger patties. I have used my oven less and we will have eaten all week on leftover meat!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment