July 7, 2010

The 4th and More

We had a great 4th of July weekend, good food, Tate enjoyed the fireworks we bought and the one's we had left over from last year!!! We actually all got to spend time together as a family and we still accomplished a lot. But one of the most exciting thing I have to share would be the new recipes I've tried and how amazing they are. I should really consider being a chef, or at least a guest chef. I've told Ryan I have enough dishes to prepare a meal once a week at a different restaurant around town. I can just here it, Katy's night at.... featuring Chicken Penne Casserole or Manga & Ham Quesadillas with Salsa or Grilled Tilapia with Sauteed Spinach or Flat Enchiladas or Warm BBQ Chicken Salad or Pork Tenderloin Salad or Tuna Cakes. All the possibilities. While I do have many recipes that I refuse to share, sorry, call me selfish but there are some secrets you never tell, including my delicious cobbler recipe, but I've started to ease up a bit and share of the greatest. Check out the recipe page because I've added some of the ones mentioned above.

Cattle are out and there's not enough time in the day to get it all done, I'll put money on the fact that I'll have many stories to tell after this week and weekend. Last night the new truck got it's first taste at moving cattle, including me backing over a set of ruts going way to fast. Thank God Tana was strapped into her seat, she thought it was all fun, I on the other hand feel as if I've been in a wreck and am pretty sore. I did prove myself on Monday morning to be a pretty darn good hand. Ryan left for work and at 7:00 found five of the six sick calves out. They destroyed the hot fence!!!! I successfully got them put back in, the fence back up, turned back on and they have not escaped yet. Maybe in my next life I'll come back as a ranch hand, I keep trying to prove that I would be good at it. I guess we'll find out more this weekend after sorting calves, steers and cows off of at least four sections!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment