March 14, 2011

Difference in Taste Buds

I do not consider myself a picky eater, neither is Ryan...our children yes, my cousin Andy, yes. But there are some days I read featured recipes and think who would want to eat that. And yes, I know even my own family does that with me. So today I find it interesting to see the difference in taste buds among people. And where do our taste buds develop from anyway. It can't be a regional thing, because my cousin Andy was supposed to eat the same thing I grew up eating...he just had a drawer on his side of the table. Just kidding, I'm not certain he ever hid anything, but it sure sounded good!

I like deep dry red wine, strong cheese, anything spicy (I'm talking the hotter the better), dark chocolate. I don't like anything on my plate to touch and really don't care for many of the chocolates you find in a box. I'd rather cut them in half, see what's inside and decide on eating it or not!!!! Ryan and I eat a lot of the same things, but on the red wine, he says it tastes like dirt. Now I'm curious to know just what he means when he says it tastes like dirt. And now, at almost 27 years old, I will finally pour gravy over my biscuits. I inherited a great trait of dipping my biscuit in gravy, but I think I might be over it. But yes, even when there's not gravy I still cut my biscuit up with a fork. I really don't like eating food with my hands.. And it's not a crazy thing, I just know where my hands have been and the greasyness of foods really grosses me out....ps...I don't like lotion much either!

Anyway, just a thought for today!!!

1 comment: