March 22, 2011

The Wind

The other day Ryan and I were talking about how thankful we were to live in the Texas Panhandle and that besides tornado's there were very few other natural/weather disasters in our area. But I stand corrected because we often have hurricanes force winds with or without rain, sleet, snow, hail, and today would be dirt! The one day I actually fix my hair (or attempted too and now you'd never know that I only half way did it!).

We have a new calf...Bubba's first of this year. Last year about the time I started this blog I wrote about him being five for five on heifer calves and so far this year he is one for .... I'd have to count, there are many more calves out of him yet to come! And we have lots of heifers calving this year and pray for ease. As Ryan's story of the calf he had to pull two Fridays ago, was the he worked much harder than that heifer did!!! You gotta love it. But every year we look forward to the babies, they run and jump and play, and most importantly often have little white wet noses from their momma's milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment