July 28, 2011

A Clean Frig...Empty?

After months of piling groceries in the refrigerator and with two children (well three if Ryan counts in that category too) remaking through to find what they want, the frig was a mess. I found more jars and containers stuck to the glass shelves that I would have ever dreamed. So I cleaned it. I've been putting off getting groceries until it was clean. It is spotless and I've now realized it's so very empty. The week old leftovers must have give it the appearance of being full! I've worked on my grocery list for at least a week, adding items, marking which one's I have coupons for, then checking the pantry for anything else that needs to be added. And now I've made my mind up, I'm not getting groceries. We will continue eating up all of the strange things that have been left behind in the freezer and pantry. Here's a short list:

Calf Fries
Calf Fries
Mac & Cheese
Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies (I always have these on hand)
Cereal
Flour
Butter
Pie Crust
Peanut Butter
Jelly
and more Calf Fries!

Ha, I'm not seeing a lot of possibilities, but I'm determined to get milk, a few more dozen eggs, cheese and get creative!!! I love cleaning out then re-stocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment