August 16, 2011

Eating out with Kids

We have on and off battled meal time with both kids, but most recently Tana. She is given a plate with a variety of foods on it and what she eats is what she gets. Except we must have a healthy snack before bed or she won't sleep through the night. We have recently enforced this concept even more and I had to stick with it last night while eating out. Tana was given a crayon and piece of paper to write on then I took out a coin purse and a dollars worth of change and a few pens. This kept her busy for a while. She ate a few bites of my salad, then actually ate my dinner with me.

Tana is not the usual child, she does not eat nuggets, pieces, fast food and only an occasional french fry. So even on the go, it's difficult to find something for her to eat and usually it all the healthier options. This pasta dish included chicken, sauce, lots of noodles and chopped peppers and onions. And Tana loves flavor. While last night was a great experience and I was super proud of her....I can only admit it might have been a once in a lifetime occurrence and all in all eating out with young children is no fun! But yet without them Ryan and I just sit and stare at each other. Just joking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment