September 15, 2011

Do Overs - Guest Contributor

Not as if any of you would guess, but yes of course my mother is the first guest contributor to the blog! She's one of the strongest women I know and may have more miles of hauling a trailer and kids around than some men! Words from my mom..

Sometimes I wish I could have “do overs” you know, the things that I’ve done or couldn’t do because I didn’t want to fail, and now that I see I could have done it different or even better. I saw a print the other day and immediately wanted to purchase it for Katy – so she could read it every… single… day – and then I thought to myself, wait, I’m the one that needs to read it now. The name of the print is “Do It Anyway” and features a motivational poem by Mother Teresa. In part it says,” If you are kind, people may accuse you of being selfish, having ulterior motives; be kind anyway. The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow, do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough; give the world the best you’ve got anyway. You see, in the final analysis it is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway.” I will go back and purchase the print, and probably buy multiples because I need to remember it frequently in my life. I have so much to be thankful for and even though I still have stumbling blocks, I get to enjoy life every…. single…. day like it is a new present to unwrap.  - Lee Ann Scasta

She'll be around the blog more often and I can't wait until she shares some of her famous recipes too. Thank God for coming from a family full of talented cooks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment