October 5, 2011

Forever Young - Guest Article

I had foot surgery last Friday – so I’ve just completed week #1 of being immobilized for the next 6-12 weeks. I was in more pain before surgery than after, so it was very much needed. So, this little exercise in being one-legged has made me give thanks that it is not permanent and recovery is possible, there are many people that don’t have any hope of feeling better. I have been blessed with people in my life that want to help, have helped and continue to help in any way possible. I can’t say “thank you” enough, and I try to do that more than usual.

What I researched about the much needed surgery is that it is typical in middle aged women, ugh, that makes me cringe! Where has all that time gone? I don’t want to be hindered by not being able to chase after Tate and Tana so I had the surgery, not because I’m middle-aged!  I watch Katy and even though I can see myself in her sometimes, I honestly don’t know where she gets the strength on occasions to do what she does. I see her and Tana and think that they will be forever young, but watch out, the time will get away and Tana will be graduating high school and college and will be gone, been there…done that.

I watch only a few TV programs at night, but I recently read the lyrics to Forever Young, Bob Dylan version, the theme from Parenthood.  It goes like this…..

My God bless and keep you always, May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others, And let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars, And climb on every rung
May you stay forever young.
May you grow up to be righteous, May you grow up to be true
May you always know the truth, And see the lights surrounding you
May you always be courageous, Stand upright and be strong
May you stay forever young.
May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift
May you have a strong foundation, When the winds of changes shift
May your heart always be joyful, May your song always be sung
And may you stay forever young.

It says something to me, what I’ve tried to accomplish, tried to build a foundation for my family, tried to show my daughter and granddaughter that the sky is the limit. I needed to read the words, not just hear it being played. - Lee Ann Scasta

No comments:

Post a Comment