June 13, 2013

Been a While

It has been too long since I've posted and there's no place to start on catching you up! Between wind and hail storms, to thinking we needed to seek shelter, to losing dog kennels that caused more damage, to an oil well too close to the house, to it being summer already...life and this year is going by way too fast!

I cannot commit at this point how often I will be back on here, but I will guarantee that in the near future I'll be back with more recipes, stories and updates. We've been grilling often and of course have our summer swimming pool (stock tank) filled!

For today though, here is the message I found in my fortune cookie today at lunch:

Accept no other definition of your life, accept only your own.

I thought this was very moving and a good reminder, then my loving husband tells me that I already do this every day. Not sure that he meant it as a compliment but that's the way I'll take it. You should be the only person that defines your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment