April 25, 2011

Spinach Dip

Lesson #1 - a very good sharp knife will not cut through a frozen package of spinach. Okay, I only wanted to make half of the dip and save the rest, be oh well, we made it all. And actually almost ate it all.

1 package frozen spinach - I heated it in the microwave and squeezed the water out.
1 block cream cheese - cubed and added to the spinach after you did step 1, back to the microwave to melt, mix well!!
seasonings -add whatever you want and mix well - we added red pepper flakes, onion powder and garlic powder.
add 1 cup of cheese - any will do - we added mozzarella, mix well.

In a different life I would have put the above mixture into my stone baking dish covered in cheese and in the over for a few moments until it bubbled and the cheese turned brown. But in my life we don't have time for some of those steps because a hungry husband cannot wait. Hum, that sounds like a great cookbook title!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment